Sunday, December 23, 2012

Is That The Old Ship of Zion

                         
I just had to share this song. I cut the radio on this morning and this song was what was playing. It's not the same folks singing it but the meaning is. I can't tell you how many times I've heard this song sung in church. I had great ambitions of finding the perfect old ship image to accompany it but I could find any thing that was quite right. I'm assuming that's because there's nothing comparison to that 
Old Ship of Zion.
If you have come  to understand what that ship of Zion is I'm so glad. If you know what it is and haven't gotten on board...I fear for you. It won't always pass again the opportunity is so easily lost. 

I find it funny how a song or melody can ignite feelings and thoughts. When I hear this song, along with other things it also makes me think of Noah and the Ark.(what a lesson there). 
For the past year or so I have been doing and online Torah study. Mainly for a deeper understanding of  my Bible and the scriptures. I can't tell you how much deeper it has brought me. 
I love it.
I recommend it.
At first I was a little apprehensive. I thought it might rock what I believed to be true but it didn't it only has brought me closer to God. Of course the study hit on the Noah and the Ark early on and the discussion about what an ark even is. So I thought I'd share just a few thoughts on and ark that I learned. 
It might interest you too...
  • Ark is a vessel or sanctuary that serves as protection.
  • When it is used in the Bible: Noah's Ark, Ark of the Covenant, Mose's in the Bulrush Ark.
  • It is like a boat but is not a boat in the fact that it has no stern. 
This post might come across as mere rambling but here's a little more  I want to share
Matthew 24:36 & 37
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven but my Father only.
But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Thank you for letting me ramble.
Thank your for letting me share. 
Thank you for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment