Saturday, May 31, 2014

Inspired & Rambling

Hey..I'm hoping you all are doing wonderfully today. Wow, this blogging thing has become such a struggle for me and I surely apologize if my absence has offended anyone.

I'm one of those dinosaurs that has been pulled by hook, crook and maybe a carrot into the world of blogging. As a country raised girl that came along before the boom of the computer and all that goes with it I question myself many times on what I am doing here. I'm truly not the expert of anything

My reasons always come back to friends and relationships I've made through the process. 
    Friends? Relationships?
Yes..If you make it around for a visit I consider you a friend. But I will have to say that I had gotten
put-off (annoyed) by all the advice, bombardments, hops, restraints, rules, guidelines and whatever else I'm constantly being told I should be doing to maintain a good blogger status. Having to live up to a status is enough to make me want to give a good smirk. I thought I had stopped all that nonsense back in high school..not true..I have recently joined the hoards of folks who tote a cell phone. I have been one of those people who would give very slight snarl at all the good people who have formed relationships with their devices. 
Now..I'm one of 'em!
It has made it possible to keep up with my blogging friends and...Pinterest on my lunch break and uggh..Facebook..which has meant I don't have as much need to be on the computer. The picture quality is definitely better on the big screen but I don't have to get on here hardly at all..and I haven't.



Yesterday, I sat on the porch and listened the rain beat the roof while I listened to some music I had put on the phone and talked with a family member on FB...Can I say talked? maybe I should say texted or messaged ?

    All at the same time!
It rained hard enough to beat the dirt out of my pots...
















Looks like the gutter needs some work...
















Things are wanting to grow and ramble.
I don't even know what the purple foliage is. I got a piece of it from Jack's sitter a few years ago. She was near to cursing it as it had taken over a bed of hers but I had a spot I could get nothing to grow in. So I said, " Can I have some of that?"

That's how I do it..I'm a cheap gardener.. more like sharing and borrowing than anything.









Here's my poor old pot (maybe the bottom out of an old washer).
Hey and I've slapped some of my new color on it;two leftover buckets of paint out of the basement. I stuck three old tobacco sticks in there and planted the purple and some morning glory seeds. I'm hoping after it's over grown and climbing and offering some blooms it will have an appealing look.
If not..nothing really lost.









My Tiger Lilies are coming up. 

I love 'em..
They are all brambled up along with everything else. The old man turned that tree adventure into a long..long process. All those wonderful places the trees laid is a mess but me and the birds still love the blooms. Maybe it will all come along?.?

If you notice those little round things on the stalk, those are the seeds. I have grown mine from a little handful Mama put into an envelope from hers. Between the wind and the birds toting them around they are starting to come up all over the place. I like it..but I do like the unexpected. 

For as many folks as subscribe to my site through Email I'll send you some of these seeds.. You will have to send an address so I can mail them out. I have a good stand of these but I can only send them as long as they last.
I am so pleased over these two pots of petunia's. They were my beautiful, beautiful hanging baskets I had on the porch last year. I moved them into the front room as winter started to set in last year. They survived nicely until I moved them to make room for the Christmas tree. After that it was what seemed like a slippery slope to death.
(dead like nothing but some brown stubble) 
I thought myself crazy not to have gone on and throwed them out but look and see!!
Just goes to show you should never underestimate and always live in a hopeful state.

I think I've just about rambled to the end of this post.
Some things that helped me be inspired this week:
My latest issue of Southern Living magazine. I love Rick Bragg's "Southern Journal." You know you're a true southerner if you "get it." I enjoy the magazine but I look for the back of the issue everytime.

I was browsing around at Shoestring Elegance and I read her profile where she had listed a couple of scripture she favors. One of which was Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If you have the faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place: and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Wonderful words that so many cherish. I wonder how many read the verse that immediately follows,
Matthew 17:21
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Makes me think!
I'm so blessed
&
my hope is that you too will 
Be Blessed!


8 comments:

  1. Well...I'm glad you're sticking around even though you're not an expert at anything. Neither am I and I am perfectly OK with that! I blog about my life and what I love and if folks want to read it they will and if not...oh well! I enjoy real life blogs like ours...:) Hope you're having a beautiful weekend....Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky, I enjoy your blog as well. Goodness gracious, I feel like I know you. I'm going to try to get back into it a little more. At least it is my little place and space. Thanks so much for stopping by.I hope you're blessed with a beautiful weekend as well!

      Delete
  2. Great photos. We had a hard rain that knocked our power out. Time to post again. :)

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joyce. .thanks for stopping by.
      Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Haha. I do know exactly what you mean. But you know what? I'm just ornery enough to refuse to jump through the hoops. I blog because I like to write, I like to take photos, and I so enjoy the conversation with my blogger friends. I realize there are people who worry about stats because they want to make money blogging. I'll never be one of them. My life doesn't fit into a defined niche. It's very eclectic. So, as Popeye said, 'I yam what I yam.' :-) BTW, I to sat out on the porch in the rain yesterday. I LOVE that - until we started getting some lightning. Then I moved indoors. I tried to get a pic of the rain coming off the roof - like you did - but I don't think mine turned out.
    Keep Bloggin. :-) P.S. Thanks for commenting on little Lucy.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word. .I love that you used the word ornery! You are my kind of people. It's been great to hear from you. .Have a very Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. Pay no attention to all that advice out there, unless you want to make your blog a business venture. I don't. I will be who I am and if no one likes it, I guess they won't come back to my blog. I love all the friends I've met through blogging. And it does seem like a huge competition when it comes to blog hops. It could drive a person mad. But just blog when you can and enjoy it. And thanks for the well wishes regarding my back. It's improving, I think, and would help if I'd stop doing stuff that aggravates it!

    ReplyDelete