Tuesday, August 25, 2015

X's & Heart's for These Fudg-y Black Bean Brownie


Good Tuesday Morning! 
I couldn't resist sharing this awesome brownie recipe I found on Pinterest yesterday;
 Fudgy Black Bean Brownies. 
This recipe comes from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch .
Yes, I know..Black Bean Brownies! Well eating is believing! 
The awesome picture she shared with her recipe got me right over to her sight and with one 
look-at-this to the Ole Man. I was digging out ingredients. I did have black beans in the cabinet but I have to say I improvised on some of the other ingredients. I was short on brown sugar. I only had about a half a cup of brown sugar, so I made up the difference with regular white sugar a teaspoon of molasses. I didn't enough all-purpose flour so I used self-rising flour which probably made mine a little more of a cake-like brownie. The nuts for ice cream topping isn't the ones I would generally prefer for baking either
 but
 I'll tell you when the pan came out of the oven last night no one shied away. 

While I was basically killing time until the brownies came out of the oven I read further into Serena's blog post and on down into the comments. I was aggravated by some of the comments. While some folks were very nice; some folks I thought were down right rude. I'll also add, if your brownies didn't come out well from this recipe it maybe that you just don't cook a good brownie. 
Everyone in this house went back for a second helping of brownie!

I'm not sure if there's a real nutritional benefit from them or not but it does make for a rich brownie.

Pop over to Serena's Blog   for a wonderful tutorial and the recipe.

Thanks for stopping by for some rambling,
Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment