Friday, July 27, 2012

Doors Wide Open


What kind of person are you? Are you a doors wide open person? Or are you a door shut tightly person? This can be a question of personal style or it can also be they way an individual relates to the world.

I am a doors wide open person. Even with tempertures reaching nearly 100 degrees the past week, I want the doors open. I want to hear what is going on wether it's the birds singing or the dog barking or even the neighbor who chooses to mow on Sunday morning. When I am in the house for a little, it doesn't take me long before I'm right back outside looking for a chore or a project. I apologize to people who visit and are use to being closed up in there homes and there cars with the AC on but before long they seem to prefer the atmosphere that we have around our home. My children have all been lovers of the out doors and with the doors open they have the freedom but I can still hear them even if I'm doing chores on the inside. (they have to be done too..)

I think I'm a doors wide open person in most all perspectives but this can leave my condition the same as my poor beat up screen door. I wish I could remember how many times my poor screen door has been replace or patched. Constantly being used and slammed, kicked, pawed, nightly returning of spiders webs leaves my poor door in a quite abused state. Maybe I should change and close the doors. I could enjoy constant controlled enviroment I could shut out the sounds of the world........Naaww....leave that door open.

If you have the opportunity, leave the door open. You might like it. As always thanks for stopping by Southern Direction and by all means don't let the screen door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment