Sunday, July 22, 2012

Simply Southern

Our home
Pic from the Porch
Front pic of the house


Zinnia
One more posie pic

I've posted a few pictures from around my home. I want to give you an idea of the style of life we live. Our home sits at the bottom of Carter Mountain. This isn't a particularly known mountain and the only access is basic dirt road that turns into more of a path the further up the mountain you go. The house has three bedrooms and one bath. The yard is not quite a full acre.

My style of living is simple country. I prefer things to have a purpose. I enjoy gardening whether it is roses, pansies, tomatoes, or okra. I have tendency to plant in small patches due to the soil being rather poor on the property. I do complost to build the quality but that is a slow process. I would love to bring in truck loads of soil but that is a costly endeavor. I usually work with what I've got.

I've seen alot of beautiful places in this United States but nothing makes me feel like home as when I start to see that Blue Ridge Mountain range come into view and the sweet smell of honeysuckles and the sent of tobacco cured in the barn.

I've enjoyed other bloggers views of their homes and their ways of living so I thought making sort of a diary of my own would be a great way of sharing the blessings bestowed on me. I wish to inspire you to count your own blessings, love your life, and to work with what you've got.

As always thanks for stopping by Southern Direction.






No comments:

Post a Comment