Monday, January 21, 2013

The Mad Hatter

Oh my..it's been a while since I've made a post. 
I have had a bit of a full plate but I've also been preoccupied.

Am I the only one who has that happen?
I've had hats on the brain. 
Thinking about them, think what the next one will be...

I've also being doing a little work on my Etsy shop. I've changed my shop name and I've also been trying to pare it down to what I really enjoy doing. I think I'm reliving my children through my shop. Church should definitely not be about what is worn but I greatly enjoyed seeing my girls in those little Daisy Kingdom dresses and my little boy in a smart little vest. I don't think children dress that way as much these days and sometimes it makes me a little sad. 
My boys would surely not wear anything that I made these days they are all blue jeans and boots. 
My girls will still entertain me and they are what inspires me.

Thanks so much for stopping by for a little visit!
BE BLESSED




6 comments:

  1. Love the hat....especially gray and the flower design.

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband thinks the kids should always be dressed for mass as a sign of respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...

      I am caught somewhere in the middle on the subject of what is appropriate to wear in church. I grew up in a church with stricked ideas on what women in particular should wear to church. There were times when folks within the church used this legalistic approach to offend and put people off to the point they wouldn't come back but on the other hand I get quite tired personally of seeing mini skirts and leggings (without a long tailed shirt). I wish I could say it were just teenagers and kids that have a problem making this judgement call but it's the parents themselves who have the lines of conduct so blurred.

      Wow...that was quite a lengthy reply..Thank you for sharing with me and letting vent.

      Delete
  3. Oh my word, I love that hat. I love the color and vintage style. I will have to check out your shop :) People used to dress up so much more and I do love to see it when people do now. There's something about being a little fancy that makes everyday life a little more special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's probably not hard to tell I watch alot of TMC and Western channel. I love how everyday women had a sense of style. A hat, a purse, or even those red lips and big eyes.

      Delete