Thursday, July 11, 2013

Vintage Soft Tee~Pinterest


A $3.00 t-shirt and Pinterest recipe for a vintage soft tee
1 quart of water
1/2 cup of salt

Brine shirt for three day 
Machine wash
Tumble dry


My shirt wasn't terrible stiff but I was hoping for that ridiculously soft feeling;
 the feeling you on get from wash and wear.
Should I use regular iodized salt or sea salt?
The instruction didn't say it mattered so I went with the regular salt it is cheaper.
I soaked it for the 3 days, I washed and dried.
My result where really unnoticeable.

2 comments:

  1. I've wondered if this really worked or not. Now we know.

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my mind, I knew this was not going to work. I think I was wanting to come up with ridiculously thin, almost see through feeling. LOL...I knew it wasn't going to do that. If I had a garment that was really stiff like I might would try it again. Only, with sea salt and more time. All these rainy days and no animals to mess with I have been on Pinterest way to much. I pin down a billion to go.

      Delete