Friday, November 22, 2013

Dried Flower Arrangement


Well it's that time of year when the flowers are all spent and the leaves have all turned. Even so, I think the colors suit me fine lately. The past few years I really prefer reds, oranges, and many shades of brown.
When I was in my 20's, it was blues and mauves. In my 30's, I  lived in a different home and the colors in that home always seemed to generate toward a red, white, and blue theme. My home now-a-days seems to be better suited with earth tones.

Have you always decorated with a particular color?
If so, what's your favorite colors?

4 comments:

  1. I tend to go with colors that were around when my house was built (1892). Benjamin Moore has a line of paints with colors from the 19th century. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen that paint line and I have to say I do like it. I am an old house lover. My house isn't nearly so old. It was built in the 50's. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea. I always thought of dried flower arranging but never got around to it. Glad to see yours. My fave colors are exactly the ones your dried flowers wear.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose all my decorating comes along a little hap-hazard. I just see something or think it then I do it. I almost always keep something floral on my kitchen table; I don't do extravagant tablescapes but all my flowers are spent(the seasons have been a little strange around here) so the little pumpkins were leftovers from the kids Halloween party and some potpourri, dried up flowers & sticks. I just keep sticking things in until it suits me. I'm so glad you liked it and it's nice to know we like the same colors.

      Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete