Thursday, November 12, 2015

Farmer's Market Lawn Chair


Good Thursday Mornin' !
I hope everyone remembered our veterans yesterday. I sure appreciate our service men and women. I have many in my family. 
It's been quite hectic around here lately and I haven't been able to squeeze time for blogging or posting. Things are beginning to settle down a bit and I have been up to some more crazy crafting and recycling. I thought I'd chair my renewed lawn chair with you.


This project started with the Ole' Man saying, "Hey you don't want this do ya? I'm getting ready to haul it off?"
and 
to that I said, "Yeah, yeah, I do!"
I began with the thought of just using chair binding, the kind that's kind of burlapy with the red in it. I have bottomed straight back chairs with it in the past. I've always been able to pick it up in the craft department at Wal-mart but not anymore, at least not at ours. I didn't have the notion to put a full blown hunt for it so I went with a different option.


I sprayed the frame with flat  black spray paint after removing all the screws. Then I attached this very natural fabric I already had. It needed a little something else so I used a stencil to put my farmer's market lettering on.

It was a little hap-hazard in the coming along but I enjoyed this little project and I think in turn I have a enjoyable little chair to pull out.
I appreciate you stopping by for a little visit.
Be Blessed!



3 comments:

  1. That is super cute! How creative too...I never would have thought of that! Great project. Have a happy Friday!!!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete