Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sunday at Tweetsie Railroad

All aboard!!
Tweetsie's Vintage Steam Engine #12
 
 
Hey! I'm so excited to share my weekend travels with you. Our adventure took us to beautiful Blowing Rock, North Carolina to spend the day at the Tweetsie Railroad Amusement Park. From our home in Stuart, Virginia, it was an easy getaway only taking about two hours in driving time. Tweetsie Railroad is located on Hwy 321 between Boone and Blowing Rock in the northwest corner of the state.
 
My adventures!
I barely got them to stop for a picture as we were goin' in.
 
Tweetsie is wonderful for young children and the young at heart. The park is like stepping into you own wild west movie. The train is the main attraction. Your ride will start at the depot and you'll be accompanied by the sheriff and his deputy. You never know when train robbers will try to jump the train or when and Indian raid may breakout.
 
Don't hide in the outhouse!
 After you've taken a trip on Tweetsie, you should take in a show or visit the County Fair.
 
See the dance hall girls do the can-can
Ride the chair lift to the top of the mountain. There's more to see.
There's even Deer Petting Park.
 
As you can see there's no limit to how much good family fun you can have. The park was not over crowded but had a good number of visitors. I only saw smiles everywhere I turned. The park employees all wore smiles and were most courteous.
But..don't get too rowdy or you may wind up in the Tweetsie Jail
or...
Lookin' for a quick horse.
or ...
Catchin' tha last train outa' town.
I've enjoyed sharing my trip to Tweetsie with you. Thanks for stopping by
Southern Direction. As always I wish you a blessed day.
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment