Monday, September 10, 2012

Good Morning Monday



Good morning! This is an absolutely beautiful Monday morning. Most people hate Mondays and especially the morning hours but for me it is quite the opposite. My Monday is more like your Sunday morning because my work week start at 11:00 pm tonight. I also get the luxury a very still house once the old man (husband) and kids are at work and on the bus to school. September seems to have arrived in Stuart last night. This morning is a cascade of sun rays, bugs humming, and birds singing and temperatures that dropped into the 50's. Right now it is 8:46 and the temperature is 66 degrees and 75% humidity and it's wonderful!

I have a few things on my mind as this new week begins. Almost a year ago I took a leap of faith and quit the job I had been doing for about twelve years. There was many, many reasons for this life change and I felt sure at that time I made the right decision. I still believe it was necessary at the time but now I'm trying to understand where my direction is next. I left on good terms so more than likely I could get my employment back with them. I'm considering making a visit to talk to my friend in human resources to get a feel for what is going on there. I could right a long and lengthy post about that decision in  itself. Just the thought of going back and talking to them gives me quite a sick feeling.

I have some errands while I'm in town and I am going to stop by my Mama's house. I haven't been over in about two weeks. For me that is a long time we usually get together as a family at Mama's on most Sundays for dinner but I have not visited since my Daddy made some comments that I felt crossed a certain line and to be quite frank made me mad. If I had seen him then I'm sure I would have said things in the most wrong offensive way; so I've been avoiding them. Childish isn't it?? My Aunt Henrietta is visiting with Mama for the month. It would be most unkind of me not to visit and the absence of a visit would make it so obvious that something was  wrong between me and the parents.

With my aunt in for a visit there's a big family get together scheduled for this Saturday. My Mama is one of eleven children. When we get together it's big; we're a big family. I am trying to decide what dishes to bring. I will get picks to share of the meal. There will be so much food you won't believe. I guess big families eat big. Think...think...think...

I have also spent some time reading some really good blogs. I have connected with a blog support which I probably need to connect with often. There are so many things I had never considered about blogging. I have alot to learn. I have become hooked on blogging in a most stumbling kind of way but I love it. I have a problem with feeling alone even though I am almost never physically alone but the blogging community has let me know that there are other people out there that care about so many of the same things I care about. It gives me a warm feeling.

Yesterday I washed the outside of the house down and cleaned the porches off. Boy was it needed! I need to get some new wreathes on my doors. I make most of my own and I try very hard to use the natural things around me. Sometimes they are wonderful and some of the time I wasn't as pleased. Good or bad at least it's a direct extension of me. I'm looking forward to a new look. I am also wanting to buy some more mums. Mine that are planted around bloomed way early this year. There is very little left of them even though I've been deadheading to prolong them. I need more!!

I'm going to pray for God's direction and I hope that you do too. Have a blessed day and thanks visiting Southern Direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment