Friday, September 14, 2012

Nancy's Candy Company....Chocolate Heaven

I took a little drive up the road to one of my most favorite places to visit, "Nancy's Candy Company. Most the time we just call it Nancy's fudge because that's what she is so famous for. Nancy's is located in Meadows of Dan, Virginia just off the Blue Ridge Parkway; mile marker 177.1 or if you are coming from the town of Stuart it's about 14 miles up highway 58. If coming in this direction don't for get to make a right at the marker for Meadows of Dan or you'll be all the way in Hillsville before you realize you've gone to far. 

I was feeling a little down hearted on Thursday so I decided to soothe my soul with chocolate. I thought it would be a great place to share with you. This is not just a trip to a candy store. Nancy's is an experience. 


Nancy's fudge  and her story is an inspiration. She is the proof positive that good thing can happen to good people, hard working people. When I was a little girl, Daddy liked to take a Sunday drive on the mountain but back then Nancy was selling her wonderful fudge straight off her back porch. 


Even on a Thursday morning folks are stopping by.



Going inside! I am a kid again!

Can't you find anything you like?


Jelly Belly's...yum.
Tell yourself not to get distracted you ain't seen nothin' yet.


Chocolate covered almost anything.
Peanute brittle too!!


She has a wonderful sugar free selection.
I doubt you can tell much difference
but..I'm here for the real stuff.




 Oh yeah....


Life is full of hard choices!



She has lot's of wonder gifty items too.
"Too much of a good thing is wonderful," May West.


She has a glass window that looks directly into the factory. 
I love looking in at them. I can't helping thinking of "I Love Lucy."

 
Nancy's Candy Company...a winner.
Friendly Folks!

Well I hope I have totally tempted you But if the drive is too far Nancy ships worldwide. 
Nancy's Candy Company, will talke you to her. 
As always thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day.

















No comments:

Post a Comment