Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How I Spent September 3

Hey! I am so glad you decided to drop in for a visit. I have some pictures to share with you of our visit to Larry's Variety Shop and the SUM(Stuart United Methodist) Labor Day Sale. I had lots of fun looking at all the good old stuff folks had brought out to sale. I'm a lover of the rusty and crusty items and baskets; there where plenty of both to enjoy. It is also interesting to see all the different license tags on the cars that travel through Patrick County on this holiday. Many travelers had been to Hillsville, Virginia for their annual Labor Day Sale. Maybe a Labor Day in the future I'll get up their for a visit. You would surely be amazed the way that little town transforms itself into a tag sale. The enthusiasm filters down to our region and turn any road leading to them into a pickers paradise.
 
We were stopping on the last, rainy day.
I'm so glad there were still vendors set-up.
 
Oh kids, I hope you didn't wear your good shoes!
It's going to be muddy.
This is just one glass case. This lady had six
tables full of vintage jewelry.
Here's a little something for Alisha,
my Dr. Pepper girl.
 
 
 
I could see these in my flower bed.
Old Scale
Love this color!
Oh my goodness....baskets, baskets, baskets.
 
Larry's Variety
 
 
 
 
 
  
Larry calls this the porch.
He's said it's barely fit for the yard sale but
I've found some of the best things out here.
 
 
I think Jack's found something he likes.
 
Funny...
 
Jack asked if this was a washing machine.
 
Some items under glass.
A little something for the car fan.
 
I just showed you a small bit of what's here. If you liked this, there is so much more I have to show you. If you like tag sales. vintage treasures, and antiques then you've only began to see what Patrick County and the surrounding areas have to offer.
                                                     Have a blessed day!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment