Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Anthology of Poetry by Young American's, 2001 Edition Volume LI

What a great edition for me! 
This was the edition that my daughter Hannah's poem was published. Hannah at age nine wrote this poem depicting her bike ride at the old home place. I always think of it this time of year when them leaves are turning and the crisp browning crackle and crushes under my feet. I'd love to share my favorite Autumn poem with you.

An Autumn Bike Ride
Riding my bike down the dusty dirt road,
I see golden-orange and reddish brown,
all the colors mix and explode.

The old packhouse stands all alone,
used now only for storing hay.
I ride quickly, avoiding the old stray.
The old black dog with the spots on her face
runs after her puppies 
who like to challenge a race.
Hannah Mabe: age 9

If you are interested in Anthology of Poetry 
or maybe you're interested in entering your young poet,
I'm providing their link.
Thanks for stopping by.
BE BLESSED
and
Be a Blessing!

1 comment: