Friday, January 31, 2014

Last Day of the Month and the Long Range Forecast

Wow! What a roller-coaster of a month!

The month of January has offered up some extremely low temperature and a bit of winter weather in the way of snow or ice 
but maybe not as often as here in Stuart, Virginia.
What stands out for me is that when precipitation fell it also hung around.

The past week has offered up extremely low's in the mornings. On more than a couple of mornings(7 am) in the morning, the temperature would be hovering around 0 degree's; every morning seemed to be single digits and even one reading of -3 degrees as I would be coming out of the plant.

Baby...that's the kind of cold that can chill you to the bone and stay there.

A couple of teaspoons of "Jack" in a stout cup 'o coffee has offered some gentle relief.


For the folks that have been keeping up with the Long Range Forecast,  I'm ready to share my info:

  • January 1--Sunny skies the temperature on Rorrer Lane reached 48 degrees
  • Precipitation for the month of January--22 days of clear skies, 8 days of precipitation(rain, snow, and sleet)
  • Average High Temperature on Rorrer Lane--42 degrees
  • Lowest Temperature here at our house--5 degrees. Lowest record in the Southwest Virginia area was -24 degrees.
It seems to me, the Long Range Forecast was relatively accurate for January.

Did anyone else keep up with the forecast?
If so give a shout out!
If not..
Well...just give a shout anyway!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
I hope you are filled with warmth and blessings.
Be Blessed! 

6 comments:

  1. The lowest we had was 1 degree yesterday morning. The other real lows were 5 - 10 degrees in the mornings. That's cold! I have that coffee mug too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..I think I got mine from Mandi with some hot chocolate in it. I bet you did too. I tote the other mug in my work bag but this is my go to cup during the winter most the time. I use to say it was the kids(which ever three was at home at the time).

      Delete
  2. In this climate, keeping an eye on the forecast is a regional pastime, like paging through the garden seed catalogs! The lowest I've seen it here, back in the 1970s, was -67 degrees F. This January has been one beastly cold month here. I'll keep Jack in mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we're not the only one's watching and talking about the weather. I'm seed catalog looker, too! If I planted as much as I looked I would be in good shape. Sometimes, the seed and bulb catalogs are like when we would thumb that big Sears catalog as a kid. "Jack" is good to warm the bones..lol...in moderation of course.

      I think there's a bit more cold rolling through for us starting Monday. You may already be on the receiving end of it; if so, stay warm and buttoned up.

      Delete
  3. Over this side of the pond our eyes are permanently fixed on the weather forecasts due to the flooding nightmare we are all having. It doesn't feel like winter at all. Just come across your blog and looking forward to reading more. Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What nervous conditions..flooding is terrible; best hopes that you remain safe in such conditions. Thanks so much for the visit and the sweet comment. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete